Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wearable Technology or Bust

It's finally heating up here in San Francisco, and things are getting busy for Steam Society. First off I wanted to let you know about a few cool articles and websites I've been featured on so far this month. I'm happy to announce that Steam Society is now a listed member of Bust Magazine's shopping directory of female-owned businesses, listed here on their website.

Now this next feature is actually really cool. One of my futuristic techie necklaces was used as an example of wearable technology at the bottom of this article and interview about self-proclaimed geek and fashion design Diana Eng, who was a contestant on Project Runway and the author of the books Fashion Geek and . The article includes a tutorial on how to make this following necklace using LED lights as glowing gemstones. Not really my aesthetic style (obviously) but I love the concept of integrating technology in places it doesn't need to go.


My copper android lotus flowed necklace was used as an example of related items, and you find it in the first row of featured items at the end of the article page. This necklace IS my aesthetic style, note the differance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.DecibelProductions.etsy.com